It’s a vacation time! Planning a holiday has now become easier with the internet access in hand. Well, if you are planning to visit the national capital this year, then we must warn you to pack a lot of sunscreens in your bags. Sun is overhead in the city yet the beauty of Delhi is such that people ignore the heat and just explore the exquisite places. The city is an incredible tourist destination with a wonderfully flowing travel network.
Have a look at the places that you just cannot afford to miss while on Delhi Darshan –
- Red Fort– If the history of the Mughals fascinates you then welcome to the sultanate home, the Red Fort! The place is famous for its architectural beauty, history, and photography. Take a guide along with you and visit the unknown spots of the fort. It is recommended to visit the fort in the evening so that you can enjoy the light and sound show.
- Qutub Minar– Well-known for being the tallest tower in India, Qutub Minar is another famous historic spot in Delhi. The place signifies the victory and the commencement of Mughal era. India’s first ever mosque was built at the foot of the Minar. Don’t forget to visit the Mehrauli Archaeological Park and the mosque when you visit Qutub Minar.
- Lodhi Gardens– Delhi is a crowded city and if you are looking for a serene place away from the city life then you must visit the Lodhi Gardens. The place is famous for the gardens, monuments, history, and photography. Occupying the 90-acre area, this garden is a beautiful place to walk, jog, and spend some picnic time with family and kids.
- Swaminarayan Akshardham Mandir– When you are out for Delhi Darshan then you must take out time to visit world’s largest Hindu Temple, Swaminarayan Akshardham Mandir. You will find the museum, the gardens, and the temple at the same place. It is one of the most beguiled experiences you will have while taking a tour of Delhi. Musical fountains add glory to the beauty of the temple.
- India Gate– Earlier known as the “All India War Memorial”, India Gate was built years ago as a war memorial of thousands of soldiers. Pay your respect to the Amar Jawan Jyoti and relax in the surrounding gardens. It is one of those places which are loved by the children. Get picture with the huge gate!
Then there are famous markets of Delhi which you just cannot afford to visit because of the cultural stuff and the scrumptious food! Visit the city this vacation and make the most of your time.