Electricity tax is defined as per central government policy, with taxes going to the state government. However, this varies from state to state. The tax also varies for different sectors and industries.
Electricity is the electricity consumption, and its amount goes to the state government. The amount is as per Central Government policy.
The electricity tariff policy was established to ensure that electricity is available to consumers at a reasonable and competitive rate and to ensure the financial viability of the power sector. In addition, this policy provides transparency and promotes competition and efficiency of operations.
Although the cost of supplying electricity to all categories of consumers remains the same, the tariff charged is different. A domestic consumer may be charged Rs 2.5 per unit, while an industrial consumer may be charged Rs 3.5 per unit for consumption. Domestic consumers are cross-subsidized by industrial consumers. It is one of the main tools for saving energy.
The state government uses taxes and duties to provide subsidies to needy consumers as a substitute for cross-subsidies. Different categories of consumers are charged additional duty or tax. With the collection of this duty, the government manages the finances of the subsidy, which is provided to needy consumers.
Ajmer Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited
Ajmer Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited was formed with the primary objective of engaging in the business of distribution and supply of electricity under the Companies Act 1956 by the Govt. from Rajasthan. It covers power supply in 11 districts of Rajasthan. The area of operation of AVVNL is 87256 km2, the population in this area is 198 lacs per the 2001 census, and 12 distribution circles manage the power supply in AVVNL.
Bijli Bill Online Payment
Start paying your bijli bill online payment at MobiKwik and avoid waiting in queues. Pay electricity bills BESCOM, TNEB, MSEB, BSES Rajdhani, Punjab State Power, DHBVN, KESCO, NBPDCL, CESC Kolkata, HESCOM, UPPCL, JVVNL, UHBVN, West Bengal, SBPDCL, Torrent Power and more. You can even pay via mobile app.
The MobiKwik app and website make electricity bill payments more manageable and faster than ever. Gone are the days when people stood in queues to pay their bills using a highly safe and secure platform like MobiKwik; the way to pay Ajmer Vidhyut online has changed. Faster and more secure payments are now in your hands to avoid uninterrupted power flow. Use your MobiKwik website or app to make payments in minutes. Paying on time will also help you avoid late fees or penalties on the invoiced amount. So pay for your AVVNL prepaid recharge today online and enjoy.
Online AVVNL Bill Payment modes
Wondering how to make an AVVNL invoice payment? Don’t worry MobiKwik makes it easy for users to choose from the many options available to pay their electricity bill online. All AVVNL account recharges are super secure with multiple layers of security; choose from the various methods listed and proceed with a payment:
- Debit card
- Credit card
- UPI, wallet
- Net banking
- MobiKwik ZIP – Pay Later
Millions of people have trusted online services for years; they have simplified digital payments for a billion Indians.
Following are some of the primary key benefits that you enjoy while processing AVVNL online payments:
- Quick Payment Solution: To make online AVVNL bill payments, log in to a trusted online website and process your payments in no time. Enter the relevant details, and it will be done in a minute. Paying your bills on time will ensure you enjoy an uninterrupted electricity supply.
- Free Service: MobiKwik allows you to use this robust platform free of charge. Make Ajmer Vidyut bill payment without having to pay anything extra out of pocket over the bill amount. There are no hidden taxes involved when paying through MobiKwik.
- Safe and secure platform: Apps like MobiKwik are 100% secure platforms with user data end-to-end encrypted. A lot of focus is put into making the platform completely safe, secure and robust to ensure hassle-free and secure payment transactions.
- Deals and Offers: You can enjoy fantastic offers on Ajmer fast bill payment at online payment service providers.
- Multiple Payment Methods: MobiKwik’s secure and convenient payment options make processing your AVVNL electricity bill easier. Major options to make online AVVNL bill payments include credit card, debit card, UPI, MobiKwik ZIP etc.
The tax is charged on consumption at the current rate per unit of electricity consumed. Therefore, you will have a higher electricity tax if you use more electricity. In some states, duty is charged on the total charges. The only way to reduce the duty is to reduce the monthly consumption. It ensures that effective energy-saving measures are taken.