Whenever the thought of a trip to India crosses the mind crosses mind which is the first thing that comes to your mind? The Taj Mahal. The country known by the glory of its majestic monument of love is housed by Agra. This small city located in the state of Uttar Pradesh is somewhat around 206 kms from the Union’s capital New Delhi. And is somewhat closer around 58 kms to the south of the birthplace of lord Krishna , that is Mathura.
The densely populated city of Agra comes as a must visit for all tourists touring in North India. Albeit known for the glory of Taj Mahal Agra has a lot of other wonders to enchant you. From relics to forts, from religious places to shopping market you won’t get enough of the city if you start unravelling the city. So for all tourists out there having time crunch here’s a guide on planning one day Agra tour comprehending all the essences of the city into one.
Your tour itinerary
If you have ample lot of time in hand then staying in the majestic city and exploring it’s nooks comes as a feasible option for you. But just as in case of most of the travellers running on a time crunch a single day tour of Agra along with the cities of “Krishna Janmabhoomi” or birthplace Mathura and Vrindaban comes as the most feasible option. Here’s your complete your itinerary.
- Begin your trip early in the morning with a dhaba styled Indian breakfast at the newly built state of the art Yamuna expressway
- Once full, drive away to the Agra Fort the fort of the mighty Mughals
- While on a trip exploring Agra don’t miss out on its famous handicrafts. Treat yourself with some shopping post Fort visit
- Take a lunch break and satiate yourself with the famous Agra style UP thali
- And then visit the UNESCO world heritage and the 7th wonder of the world. The magnificent monument of love Taj Mahal. Explore the white dazzling mausoleum and it’s tantalising marble glow in the late afternoon lights.
- Pass by Shikandra the famous tomb of the mightiest Mughal Akbar the great
- Go to Mathura the land where lord Krishna was born and visit the sacred most Hindu temple the lord Krishna temple.
- Don’t forget to visit the town of temples Vrindaban.
- Treat yourself with another dhaba style lip smacking dinner at the Yamuna expressway and relish the day’s memory forever.
To wrap it
Agra, Mathura, Vrindaban the three most important cities of northern India has so much to offer that when you attempt unravelling them yourself you might get overwhelmed. So reach out to leading tour operators of Delhi. And grab a seat to their deluxe AC Volvo buses travelling 7 days a week. So whatever be you tight travel schedule just take a seat on the coach and let the guide enrich your knowledge about the history, geography, rules and myths about the places to visit. Enticed already? Reach out to leading tour sites and experience a trip to reminisce for a lifelong.