Lead generation is the process where strangers and prospects are gained and converted into a person who has shown interest in your company’s service or products. A few examples of lead generators are blog posts, job applications, live events, coupons, and online content. It attracts potential customers and guides them through various offers. Lead generation is important to convert a stranger who initiates a relationship with you when they show an interest in your business. The transition from stranger to a customer is important and lead generation plays an important role here. Various digital marketing company helps other companies to generate leads and enable them to flourish in the business.
Having known the reason for lead generation, let us discuss some lead generation techniques:
- Create An Effective Sales Funnel – A funnel emerges with setting up of brand awareness. This deals with setting your presence at the target location. The presence should create a magnetic effect that draws the customers you target. Figure out ways to reach the top, middle, and bottom of the funnel. To reach the top of the funnel, social media is the best and common way. The message conveyed should be goal-oriented and targeted. Capture the lead in the middle of the funnel. This would give a clear way to follow up and to seal the deal. Top of the funnel would lead to the landing page or form, on placing a call to action on it, the leads would be prompted to provide contact information like email. At the bottom of the funnel, you spend more time and effort. When the right people are introduced into the funnel, at this the stage the costs get less. At this stage, people are likely to get converted.
- Recognize The Real Leads – Leads are not all the persons who follow. They will not be the one who shared the post and not all who visits the website. If you classify a lead, then you would have a clear understanding. Sometimes leads enter through your funnel. They may still be leads in case they show interest in your brands. Interact with people who comment on social media. When there are comments, respond to it and encourage them. Gradually, turn general interests into a practical lead. Using segmentation, you gather more data regarding your leads.
- Convert Social Media Into A Lead Generating Machine – Convert your social media profile into the maximum lead generator. Shape your presence there and target the top of your funnel.
- Concentrate On Customer Requirement – As per consumer behavioral science, the main reason for anyone to purchase anything is due to their goal they must meet. To figure out what your customers require, gather data that is required to build the content across what the customers require through analytics programs, surveys, sales data analyses, data from sales and customer service, and analyzing CRM data.
- Lead Generation Techniques Through SEO – SEO helps to align your website with the goal of a search engine. To perfectly align your website, prove to Google that you have the best answer to a person’s query. You need to show that you are at your best for both the website and the page level. You should show that you will provide the best experience for your customers. Google finds out the way people communicate with your website. For SEO lead generation technique, follow these steps:
- Optimize your website’s user-friendliness
- Concentrate on quality
- Make an exhaustive competitive analysis
- Make a keyword strategy
- Optimize the keyword using analytics
- Demonstrate to Google about your authority
It is easy to adopt an online lead generation to enable that your business reaches the maximum number of audiences like tradition lead generation, online marketing continues to evolve. The lead generation strategies for an online generation is an interesting fact for a business. Let us discuss a few of the online lead generation strategies.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – Many of the clients requires to learn the way to solve the challenges that are faced. SEO provides you the tools that match your online content with qualified clients. And if your content is right and the right clients are into it, you will end up to shortlist them when they look to purchase services from you.
- Pay Per Click (PPC) Advertising – One more method is to use have relevant keywords for your search engine results pages. This would provide you with greater control over the keywords that you want to be linked with. You get paid when someone clicks on your link. Many times, PPC will lead to higher quality as the potential customers would be on a search for a specific solution. Above all, PPC is fully trackable and less expensive as compared to traditional print advertising.
- Lead Generating Website – Many of the professional services websites does not support to generate leads. They are anti-lead generators. The lead generating websites is designed in such a way to make it easy for clients to understand your value proposition, get valuable information about your business, and request a proposal.
- Online Networking – Online networking helps you to produce reputation and referrals that are linked with traditional business networking. This would assure you with good results that match your investment of time and attention.
- Webinars – A webinar denotes an online equivalent of a seminar. You get the lead-generating webinar for free as it requires registration and be able to collect some basic information about a session. A webinar should be educational. A successful webinar selects topics that are of great interest and provides value to attend for the client. Having done this, over time, attendees would build trust in your firm and would be likely to consider you when they have any relevant needs.
- Industry Research Reports – One of the proven lead generation strategy is industry research reports that provide executive summaries, or a full report based on your research on the industries you serve. These documents will be an excellent lead generator and boost your credibility and fasten your online brand. Ensure that your research topics are of great interest to your target client.
- Online Marketing Videos – Video is in all place and it conveys what it must convey in the right and fastest way to the target audience. It is indeed an ideal marketing medium for professional services firms. Videos can be used in many ways like to present your firm, explain services, etc. In its role, a video has an important lead generation function.
- E-books – E-books are a common method of online lead generation and help to establish credibility and to generate qualified leads. You have the choice to establish reliability and to generate qualified leads. You can place the e-books on your website or distribute to third-party services as well. E-books create great pay per click offers.
- E-newsletter – If you have an e-newsletter that provides high-quality and educational content, you will be able to generate quite a good number of leads when people sign up. Having an e-newsletter would help you to nurture the existing leads as well. It can be used to announce new services and to make any specific offers. If you require to set up a subscriber list, provide a free e-newsletter subscription on your website. When your content is good, more people would read it.
- Blogging – Blogging has generated many leads but is the most effective driver of leads for your website. A blog would help you to create a wide range of keyword-laden content that could be found in search engines. It also helps you to draw a lot of qualified candidates to your website. Once your blog is set, you can promote it on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook. Without having any blog, your SEO would become incomplete.
Lead generation would fit into the marketing strategy, the following steps show its process:
- Initially, a user would find out about your business by any one of your marketing channels like websites, blogs, or any social media page.
- The user would then click on the call to action (CTA), either an image or a message that would encourage website users to be taken through action.
- The call to action would take the user to a landing page that would be a web page. This landing web page is designed to capture lead information that would be in exchange for an offer. The offer would be content or something of value that would be offered on the landing page like a course, template, or an e-book.
- Once the user lands on the landing page, the user would eventually fill out the form in exchange for the offer. These forms are basically hosted on landing pages even though they could be technically embedded at any place on your website. At the end of this, you would have a new lead. This would happen when you follow lead capture form best practices.