A good home air conditioner offers the best relaxation from the summer heat, and it also helps to purify the air in the room all through the year. A good air conditioner also renders humidity control in the monsoon. There are numerous options for air conditioners in the market, and it is important to select AC for the home to help people make an informed decision. Here are some important points to consider before choosing the best AC in India.
Choose the right type of air conditioner that matches your needs:
It is important to choose the room air conditioner on the basis of your requirements. You have to consider the layout of the home and your budget before choosing the best air conditioner, depending on the needs of the home. There are basically three types of air conditioners to choose from, namely window AC, portable AC, and split AC. The leading brands offer the best AC in India in all three variants. We can mount the split air conditioner in any room of the home for quick and efficient cooling. It also has an outdoor unit that we can install on any window still outside the room.
Though the split air conditioners are not portable, they are still extremely efficient in cooling the room during hot summer days. A window air conditioner is efficient for cooling smaller rooms on a budget. The unit itself is cheaper than split air conditioners, and they also go easy on the utility bills. Portable room air conditioners are an inherent part of many Indian households, as we can switch them within many rooms where we require cool air.
Check the cooling capacity of the air conditioner before buying one:
The cooling capacity of the air conditioner is measured in British Thermal Units. It also shows how much the air conditioner can eliminate the heat from the room in a given set time. While choosing the best AC in India, it is also mandatory to check its BTU as well. It is important to choose the right fit for the room; if the BTU capacity of the room is less, then it would not be the right fit for the room. It will also not cool the room properly. Similarly, if the capacity of the air conditioner is too high, then it might cool the room quite quickly without dehumidifying it. The BTU of the air conditioning according to the capacity of the room are as follows.
- If the capacity of the room is below 100 square feet, then the BTU capacity of the air conditioning should be 5000. For this room, the one-tone AC is sufficient.
- The room air conditioner for a room that is between 90 and 110 sq. ft should be around 12,000 BTU, and the tonnage of the AC should be around 1.2 ton
- For room sizes between 120 and 150 sq. ft. the BTU of the air conditioner should be around 18,000 units. The ideal tonnage of the AC should be 1.5 tons.
- For room sizes between 150 and 200 sq. ft. the tonnage of the air conditioner should be 2 tons, and its BTU should be around 24,000.
Choosing the best AC in India:
There are a number of other things to consider before choosing to buy the best AC in India. It is important to look for its energy efficiency, apart from its tonnage and BTUs. It is important to look for its additional features such as dust filter, anti-bacterial filter, heater, dehumidifier, auto cleaning feature, etc. And most importantly it is important to choose the best room air conditioenr from the leading brands. Some of the best AC brands in India are as follows,
- Carrier Midea – It is known for its Hybridjet inverter AC
- Daikin- Indians are in love with its 5-star inverter split AC
- LD- Its AI dual inverter split AC is now a convenience factor in most Homes
- Voltas – Its Inverter AC offers exceptional cooling within budget
- Samsung – WiFi-enabled inverter AC makes the life of people easy and interesting
In what way is the inverter AC better than its counterparts?
In comparison with a normal air conditioner, an inverter air conditioner offers better and more consistent cooling. They are also quieter and are energy efficient as well. It also consumes less power and is durable.
You should compare the different brands, before picking up the best AC in India for your home. Summers in India are hot and humid, and thus it is mandatory to leverage on the right brand to ensure optimum justice for the money spent.