Build-up of excess fatty and glandular tissue in the male chest area is a common aesthetic concern. Known as “gynecomastia”, breast enlargement in men is typically caused by factors such as hormonal imbalances, heredity factors, and obesity. Gynecomastia can affect adolescent boys, teens, and adult men of any age. Though it does not pose any serious health issues, the condition can affect a man’s confidence and self-esteem. Gynecomastia treatment in Manhattan, NYC has emerged as a popular option to remove the unwanted fat and help patients achieve a more masculine chest.
Performed by using the minimally invasive Smartlipo Triplex device, the procedure removes excess male breast tissue and results in a natural looking chest. The Smartlipo Triplex workstation uses an optimal blend of three laser wavelengths (1440nm, 1320 nm, and 1064 nm) to liquefy the fat cells and tighten the chest skin safely and effectively. Its three intelligent delivery systems SmartSense™, ThermaView™ and ThermaGuide™ deliver the laser energy in the right proportion and prevent overtreatment, providing optimal body contouring and skin tightening effects.
Benefits of the Procedure
One of the major benefits of the procedure is that laser coagulates the small blood vessels to minimize bleeding, swelling and bruising. In addition to removing unwanted fat, it also tightens the skin to provide a toned look. Other benefits of laser-assisted hi definition body contouring in New York include –
- Reduced complications
- Procedure performed on an outpatient basis
- Negligible scarring
- Minimal downtime and recovery
- Less swelling and bleeding
- Involves anesthetic
- Faster recovery period
Who is an Ideal Candidate for Gynecomastia Treatment?
The treatment is an ideal option for men who are bothered by the feeling that their breasts are too large, whose breast development has stabilized, and whose condition cannot be corrected through other medical treatments. To benefit from the treatment, candidates need to meet the following criteria –
- Have a stable weight
- Be willing to adopt a healthy lifestyle
- Not smoke
- Have realistic expectations
- Have a positive outlook and specific goals in mind
- Are in good health (physically and mentally)
Gynecomastia treatment may not be suitable for people experiencing constant fluctuations in body weight, or are overweight or obese with a BMI of over 30. The procedure is not recommended for persons with multiple medical problems or those who take blood-thinning medications.
Gynecomastia treatment would provide an immediate visible improvement in the shape and appearance of the chest. Scarring will be minimal and fade away in about six months. Final results usually appear in 4-6 weeks. However, the time taken for recovery will vary depending on individual considerations. In order to obtain optimal results, patients need to take proper care after undergoing the procedure. Here are some post-operative care tips that can help speed recovery –
- Wear the compression garment for 24 hours – for the first week post surgery – as this will help reduce swelling and bruising.
- Avoid any strenuous activity – during the first 24 hours post-op.
- Light walking on the second day can help promote recovery. However, strenuous exercises like aerobics, running, swimming should be avoided for some more weeks.
- Taking fluids and fruit juices can help reduce dehydration.
- Avoid alcohol consumption for at least 72 hours before and after the procedure.
- Avoid taking blood clotting medicines like ibuprofen, aspirin etc as they may increase the risk of complications.
- Massaging the treated site 3 weeks after the surgery can help soften the scar tissue and improve skin tone.
- Massaging should be done with the hands or a roller-device for at least 20 minutes a day.
Men who are planning to undergo gynecomastia treatment in Manhattan, NYC need to choose an AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery facility. An accredited plastic surgery facility will offer the services of surgeons who are experts in performing this procedure. An experienced Manhattan liposuction surgeon will evaluate individual patient concerns and utilize the capabilities of Smartlipo technology to provide safe treatment with the best results.