window ac 1.5 ton India faces a stretch scorching summer every year. Well, this is exactly when air conditioners come into the picture and offer relief. Understanding the importance and usage, we guide you through buying an air conditioner. So, here are the factors and tips on how people should buy an AC. This air conditioner buying tips and guide will help you get the best one in your budget.
- Types of Air Conditioners
- The very first step is to decide if you want a Window AC or a Split unit.
- Mentioned here the benefits of both the types:
- Benefits of Window ACs:
- • Easier to be installed as compared to Split ACs. You would not need to drill walls to conceal air tubes.
- • Ideal for smaller rooms where space can be a constraint, but the room must have a window.
- • It can also be used to stay warm during winters, most models offer built-in heaters as well.
- Benefits of Split ACs
- • Cools down faster because it has wide blowers that push out higher volumes of cool air
- • The compressor makes less noise and condenser are located outside
- • Does not require the room to have a window, can be fit on any wall
The capacity of the AC
Choosing the right size of the air conditioner can be slightly tricky. An oversized air conditioner can cool the room faster but may consume a lot of electricity, whereas, a smaller air conditioner needs to work hard to cool the room, consumes a lot of electricity, even though it’s not able to cool the room efficiently.
AC capacity depends on the size of the room. In India, Air Conditioner size is rated in tonnes and here we have summarized the required AC size based on room square foot area.
ACS with higher star ratings can cost a little more but consumes a lot of lesser electricity, thereby saving money on your electricity bill in the long run.
Most air conditioners come with star ratings ranging from star to star. So, the higher the star, the lower the power consumption. For example, a start air conditioner will consume less power as compared to a start AC.
Price For at least some time back, air conditioners were considered as a luxury product. But because of the rise in its demand because of the rising global warming, this has become a highly desired product. Nowadays, one can easily get a brand new air conditioner at quite a reasonable price. The price of ton AC starts from Rs, and it goes up to Rs,.
On the other hand, the range of. ton runs between Rs, to Rs, while k to k can gift you tonnage weighing AC. If you like to have an inverter one, you should extend your budget a little more.
Other features that you can look out for:
- . From Anti-bacteria filters to auto-clean functions and copper coils. Pick the right mix of features. As the Anti-Bacterial Filter eliminates tiny harmful substances and microorganisms, such as pollen, dust mites, bacteria, and pet dander, etc.
- . Go for an AC that has a cooling and heating feature that lets you stay warm and cozy during winter with the built-in heater that some AC models have.
- . One that features dehumidifier so that you can get rid of excess moisture in the air during the monsoon with this feature.
- . Has Auto-Clean Function that will prevent the growth of harmful micro-organisms by keeping moisture away.
- . Features Sleep Mode that lets you save on power bills by reducing cooling every hour. AC condensers use coils to cool the air. Copper coils are popular as they cool faster, are easy to maintain and have a longer lifespan. DISCLAIMER: The Times of India s journalists were not involved in the production of this article.