Do you find yourself standing and staring at your walls and realizing that it’s due for a paint job? We understand that you may even have the urge to impulsively visit the store to gather brushes, paint cans, and rollers and undertake this as a DIY project. We all love the fact that painting magically transforms your space into as good as new. But, before you jump the guns, there are a lot of things you should be mindful of before you begin the house painting project. Let’s list them out for you.
- Plan well in advance: Even before you start painting, start planning. A proper plan in place will help you to get the most out of the painting project with minimal stress. If you are wondering what the planning step includes, then let us tell you the first and foremost thing is to check the weather. It’s best to undertake a painting job during summer so that the paint can dry quickly. Monsoon season is not an ideal time, because the chances of paint trapping the moisture is high. The next thing is to decide what part of the house needs a painting job. Are you considering painting the exteriors or just the interiors? Also, check your schedule, it’s a time taking process, and the last thing you want is to be swamped with office work during this time.
- Check for any leakages: Thoroughly check your walls for any signs of leakage or water seepage. If there is seepage, then you must get the waterproofing treatment done before the paint job. Moisture and dampness in the wall often don’t allow the paint to adhere properly.
- Explore the paint types: The world of paint has so much to offer these days. It’s a good idea to do some research on the different paint finishes available in the market and choose what suits your interiors the best. From matte, eggshell, and satin to high gloss, different paint finishes add a different feel and character to your house. Matte finish wall paint will compliment a more rustic, traditional interior décor, while for houses with modern décor, satin finish blends well. You should also check out the Asian paint shade card to see what colour palette appeals to you the most. You can even upload a picture of your room or home, and virtually see the outcome of the paint shades.
- Chalk out a budget: Since painting your home is nothing less than an investment, it’s a good idea to get an eyeball estimate of how much you would be shelling out for the entire project. If you are hiring a professional painting contractor, it’s a good idea to have a sit-down meeting with them, state your requirements and get a fair quote on the total project. You can compare the quotes from different contractors to get the best price.
- Protection planning: We all know that painting projects are often messy, you definitely wouldn’t want your precious sofa or dining table to suffer during this process. Find a place to move your room furniture so that they can be safe during this process. If that’s not an option then you can move all the furniture to the center of the room and cover it with plastic sheets. Buy enough protection materials to cover the door knobs, light switches, light fixtures etc…and protect them from paint splattering.
Apart from the above-mentioned points, another important aspect to consider before you jump right into the project is to prepare your walls for painting. Make sure to discuss this with the painting contractor that you decide to hire.
Transform high-rise structures with precision and care through high rise painting services, bringing a fresh and vibrant look to urban landscapes.