Professional photo printing Toronto services offer high-quality prints and accessories that are generally not available in retail stores. The use of a professional printing service has several advantages. Prices are usually higher, but if the picture is extra special, it probably deserves an additional unique impression and accessories.
Importance of photo printing these days
As a society, we click more photographs than ever, and the total number is becoming difficult to count. It is estimated that this year, billions of humans armed with smartphones will take about 1.2 billion photos. Many of them will share them on social networks, but many more will forget. Some good selfies will blink before your eyes when you slide them to the left or right. But none will make the transition to the physical world.
The reasons for this are reasonable, and it makes no sense to fight against progress, but neither should we ignore the value of an impression. We may no longer print all the photos, but in reality, this may be a good thing. Now it’s about quality over quantity, and the images we choose to print, deserve the best treatment. Honestly, there has never been a better time to print than now, thanks to technological advances in both digital cameras and inkjet printers. If you haven’t tried photo printing Toronto yet, you owe it to yourself, even if you’re an informal photographer.
Different variety of papers for printing
Typically there are only three types of paper you can select from Glossy, matt and metallic. Three of them have various features. You can choose between these according to your liking.
Some expert companies will send you samples of different types of paper once you open an account with them. The samples give you an idea about how each one looks and feels when printed. The documents offered by these companies generally have an archive value of approximately 100 years for display and up to 200 years in dark storage.
- Glossy: generally, it offers the highest saturation of color and brightness; It has a shine/reflection on the paper.
- Mat: less color saturation and brightness compared to glossy paper; attracts fewer fingerprints and oil spots when delivering. It is ideal for framing purposes where it is better to avoid glare.
- Metallic: gives the photo a unique look. It has a bright and pearly finish that increases sharpness, brightness, and color saturation; It is resistant to tearing and curling. Many professional photographers use metallic paper due to their greater visual appeal.
- Black and white paper: paper more suitable for black and white prints of continuous tones.
- Canvas: It is not entirely a type of “paper”; most print services offer canvas as a means of printing. In general, only the most significant print sizes are available on canvas. The resolution and sharpness of a canvas print are less than a print on photo paper; however, it gives the print a unique look and feels. Canvas printing is especially useful for abstract photos and scenic landscapes. It is often used together with an image gallery.
Different printing options
You generally have the option to select different printing options. The most popular options include:
- Surface texturing: incorporates different texture patterns subtly in printing. It makes the photo less bright and gives it a unique look. The most suitable for albums and photo albums.
- Laminate: Coats a protective layer of lamination at the top of the photo. It can increase the durability of the picture and protect it from fingerprints, dirt, and dust — ideal for large prints that you intend to mount on a standout.
- Mounting: The photo is printed on photographic paper and then transferred to a much thicker mounting plate, such as a foam core. It increases soundness and leads to a better presentation. The increase in thickness created by the assembly will make the photo stand out within a frame.