A choker necklace is a tight-fitting chain that is worn around the neck. It usually measures between 14 and 16 inches in length. The materials used to make chokers include velvet, plastic, beads, latex, leather, silver, gold, and platinum, among others. In ancient civilizations and ancient India, chokers were worn by women long before they were adorned by Goth girls in the 1990s.
The Princess of Wales also popularized them in the late 1800s. It was worn to protect what was recognized even then as one of the most important parts of the body, the neck.
Chokers of any kind were hot in the ’90s, but lace chokers were ideal for the gothic resurgence. It was very popular back in the 1990s to wear necklaces with turtlenecks, despite many stylists today saying they should only be worn on the skin.
In ancient India, however, choker jewellery was an important part of Jewellery in India. Gold and silver are the most common metals used to make choker jewellery. Such jewellery is used very often in Indian celebrations and ceremonies.
Wearing a choker isn’t just about style. Consider the following tips
- For a strikingly chic look when wearing a choker to the office, modern working women can pair them with a crisp collared shirt or a closed round neck. Put on an open-collared shirt and a minimalist choker necklace for an office look that is both stylish and sophisticated.
- Choose a colorful stone choker necklace or a shell choker for a cool beach vibe. Create a beach style that suits the mood of a sunny day with a unique necklace.
- Wear gold and black choker necklace with an all-black look or a black dress. If you want to layer, use at least three necklaces of different lengths.
- Get a bold and unique look by wearing a delicate metal choker with an unrestrained wild spirit to break up the conventional jewelry styles.
- A stunning designer choker fits perfectly with one-shoulder or off-shoulder outfits, flaunting your stunning collarbones and sitting daintily around your neck.
- You may want to consider pairing a metallic, edgy choker with a drop accent if your dress has low cuts and ultra-deep necklines. The design is playful with a glossy finish that makes it stand out from the crowd.
- A bejeweled diamond choker necklace can enhance the luxurious appeal of a long western gown or a little black dress worn for a formal event or red-carpet appearance.
- Pair a seashell choker necklace with a floral summer dress to bring the essence of spring into your outfit. Alternatively, you can wear a maxi dress and choker necklace with leafy motifs to look beach-ready.
- Indian ethnic wear is the epitome of class and elegance. Wear a designer choker necklace with your traditional Indian outfit and broad neckline. Chokers perfectly suit ethnic outfits, whether they’re designer lehengas or sarees. Pair your lehenga or off-shoulder blouse with a choker necklace in traditional style for the best look.
As a result, knowing where to buy choker necklaces online is important. Many Indian websites offers Indian traditional choker jewelry at the best prices. Choose a choker necklace that suits your style, whether it’s a gold choker necklace, a pearl choker necklace, a black choker necklace, a silver choker necklace, or a chain choker necklace.
Dressing up is all about accessorizing with the right accessories so you can keep with the current trends while making a unique statement. Choker necklaces are an example of this. The trendiest jewellery style to wear by women of all ages and classes are chokers, which have been in trend for a decade now. Necklaces are versatile accessories that can be worn for formal occasions or boho-inspired beach looks. The choker can be worn along with Bangles in India to show off your classy tastes.