Shilajit is a natural substance used in traditional medicine for centuries, primarily in the Himalayan region of India and Nepal. It is a resin-like substance that is formed from the decomposition of plants and organic matter over thousands of years. Shilajit is commonly found in the rocks of the Himalayan Mountains and is harvested by local farmers.
What is Shilajit?
Pure Himalayan Shilajit is a natural substance that is rich in minerals and other nutrients. It is composed of humus and organic plant material that has been compressed over millions of years. The resulting substance is a sticky, tar-like substance that is rich in minerals, amino acids, and other nutrients.
What are the health benefits of Shilajit?
Shilajit has been used for centuries in traditional medicine to treat a variety of health conditions. It is believed to have anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and anti-microbial properties. Some of the most common health benefits associated with Shilajit include:
- Improved brain function – Shilajit has been shown to improve cognitive function and memory in some studies. It contains fulvic acid, which is believed to help the brain absorb nutrients and improve overall brain function.
- Increased energy levels – Shilajit is often used as a natural energy booster. It contains several minerals and vitamins that can help increase energy levels and reduce fatigue.
- Reduced inflammation – Shilajit has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce inflammation in the body. This can be particularly beneficial for people with arthritis or other inflammatory conditions.
- Improved heart health – Shilajit has been shown to help lower blood pressure and reduce the risk of heart disease. It contains several minerals and antioxidants that can help improve overall heart health.
- Improved fertility – Shilajit has been shown to improve sperm quality and motility in men. It is also believed to improve fertility in women by regulating menstrual cycles and promoting ovulation.
How to use it?
Shilajit is available in several different forms, including resin, powder, and capsules. The resin form is the most traditional and is often used in Ayurvedic medicine. It can be dissolved in water or milk and consumed orally.
When using shilajit, it is important to start with a small dose and gradually increase the amount over time. This can help prevent any potential side effects and ensure that the body is able to tolerate the substance.
Shilajit for women
While much of the research on shilajit has focused on its benefits for men, it can also be beneficial for women. Shilajit is believed to help regulate menstrual cycles and promote ovulation, which can improve fertility in women. It is also believed to help improve energy levels and reduce stress, which can be particularly beneficial for women who are juggling multiple responsibilities.
Shilajit extract vs resin
Shilajit is available in both extract and resin form. While both forms contain similar nutrients and minerals, the extract form is typically more concentrated and may be more potent. However, the resin form is often more traditional and may be more readily available in certain regions.
In conclusion, Shilajit is a natural substance used in traditional medicine for centuries. It is rich in minerals and other nutrients and is believed to have several health benefits, including improved brain function, increased energy levels, and reduced inflammation. Shilajit is available in several different forms, and while much of the research has focused on its benefits for men, it can also be beneficial for women. When using shilajit, it is essential to start with a small dose and gradually increase the amount over time.