Definition: Basically, the marketing process is not so different from the traditional marketing process. There is a basic difference between these processes. The “DM” process uses some electronic devices, internet, social media, search engines, and other channels to reach potential customers. Anyone can promote their product or services by using this process.
At present, the world is moving to digitalized and every business is shifting online oriented. In the present era, digital instruments not only become our passion but also our profession.
Today you may be heard this- the demand for digital marketer is contentiously increasing all over the world. The job market is roaring in that sector. Every business organization is investing more value to develop its brand image, competitive position, sales, income and many more things by digital marketing than ever before. In the very nearest future, every business has to include themselves in the digital marketing platform by doing their marketing activities. And with the demand for digital marketers exceeding the stock, there is a huge opportunity for those people who are looking to enter into the field.
What type of works are available in those sectors?
- Interactive technology (such as AI)
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Search engine marketing (SEM)
- Social media
- Email marketing
- Marketing automation
- Content management and curation
- Web development
- Web design
- Copywriting and editing
- Business/marketing strategy
- Digital Marketing Fundamentals
- Content Planning & Strategy
- Social Media Marketing
- Social Media Advertising, Facebook & Twitter
- Search Engine Marketing & Google AdWords
- Display Advertising
- Email & SMS Marketing
- Google Analytics
- CPC (Click Per Cost)
Why choose a career in digital marketing?
DM is a career that has a lot of space for technological specialists, creatives and agents. There are such a significant number of areas that you can pursue; it’s ideal to concentrate on one or two things that you do best, in that area you can generally gain more knowledge. In the area that you have a business or correspondences foundation, you might need to think about going into the executives.
In the field, everything is always changing and engaging; you can always get something new to learn. Or if anyone works under a company or agency, who will always be working with different customers, which means he or she will never become bored.
Besides this, there are some main reasons to choose the sector as a career….
- It is convenient and flexible: Anyone can work from anywhere and at any time.
- It is a broad career: DM is one of the best broad careers that gives digital marketers so much room to diversify.
- There’s a wide range of careers: As the versatile nature of DM, there is a huge range of careers to choose from depending on your interests.
- There is always something new: There is always something new to learn and execute.
- There’s lots of self-time: You publish a campaign or promoting a post, the whole thing just keeps going one you set your parameters straight and it gives you room to take care of other activities.
- Earnings are high: There is a high demand for digital marketers in all industries as a result, there’s more opportunity to negotiate payments whether you are working in-house or as a freelancer. So “show” your work through the job search process, you’ll be able to bid higher if you have more experience.
- It’s a career with a future: DM is the heart of the internet. It is an important source of earning revenue for social media networks, blogs, mobile apps, and other internet-based platforms. It’s a career with job security.
- Ease of getting things done: A lot of tools are available for the digital marketer, that makes the job easier and more efficient. That gives the exact figure and customer behavior pattern. As a result, digital marketers can understand what they should do.
- Meet different people every day: DM has excess to all business industries. As a result, every day you have to meet many new faces and you have an opportunity to get various tasks from the people.
- Lots of job opportunities: In the sector, the job opportunity is high. Imagine what’ll happen when more industries start getting into tech, or when the Internet of Things (IoT) takes off. There will be more tasks than the market can provide.
There have many pieces of research regarding this career and lots of them have shown that there are high demands for digital marketers and the demand continues to rise all over the world.
There are some high job positions with a high salary in that career. Such as
- Digital marketing executive
- Digital marketing specialist
- Digital marketing manager
- Digital marketing analyst
- Digital marketing head
- Trainer of DM
- SEO expert
- Freelancer, etc.
Why the Demand for Digital Marketers is increasing?
As we know, large and small industries are contentiously shifting from conventional marketing methods to digital promotional methods. As a result, all companies have been hiring more digital marketers and the demand for people to fill these jobs is high.
The person who has an intention to become a Digital Marketer, he or she won’t need a higher degree but he or she must have the ability to understand job outlook. Because without the ability, it is very difficult to do a very good performance in that sector.
The Burning Glass Technologies published a report that four out of 10 jobs listed in marketing now call for digital marketing skills. Also, the report states:
- The job offer for skilled Digital Marketer is almost doubled between 2011 and 2016.
- Interest for content marketers rose 450 percent during that period, while interest for digital analytics skills expanded by 152 percent.
- “Forrester Research” predicts advanced advertising will represent 35 percent of all showcasing spending by 2019.
- Employments requiring computerized advertising abilities pay nearly $7,000 more than other promoting jobs.
- Portable promoting offers the most significant pay at $88,681, trailed by multi-channel advertising at $82,782.
- As a sign that these aptitudes are required yet not promptly secured in position competitors, advanced promoting employments take 16 percent longer to fill.
And this interest for gifted experts is anticipated to develop as promoting turns out to be always computerized, keeping pace with our advanced world.