Diwali is just around the corner, and arrangements are in absolute sway. People are buying new outfits, home decor, etc. There is an exchange of salutations & Diwali gifts for family. It is the conventional method of commemorating the festival of lights, which seldom gets boring. However, if you are seeking for a divergent form of commemoration, then proceeding on a family sabbatical, this season appears to be an excellent option. There are numerous places across the globe which you can tour & relish the excellence of our planet. Nevertheless, an international holiday does not suit everybody’s budget. Several hill stations in the country turn out to be far better than international destinations and are quite budget-friendly as well.
India parades various hill stations throughout the country with the grand Himalayas, Aravalis, and Vindyas. Hill stations in our country were established by the British to be relaxed from the low-lying, hot, and humid regions of our country. These places have now been transformed into engaging holiday points. And people from across the globe come to tour & get stupefied.
Now, if you have prepared yourself to tread but are puzzled regarding where to go, then let us assist you with a few interesting options.
- Nainital, Uttarakhand – This is a little town situated in the Kumaon area in Uttarakhand. Also identified as ‘The Lake District of India,’ Nainital is among the most sought-after destinations for spending sabbaticals. With parasailing, horse-riding, canoeing, rock climbing, and kayaking, be prepared for a power-packed experience. Naini Lake, Tiffin Top, Snow View, and Naini peak are the most famous places for tourists in this town. With markets invariably bustling and paths directing to lovely forest patches, you will oblige to encounter Nainital time and again.
- Manali, Himachal Pradesh – Manali is a beautiful little village in the Kullu Valley, flaunting its snow-covered peaks, luxuriant forests, and numerous activities. Trekking, Heli-skiing, camping, rock climbing, and rafting are some popular adventurous activities here. You can traverse multiple other places, like Solang Valley, Rohtang Pass, and various Tibetan abbeys.
- Gulmarg, Jammu Kashmir – Situated adjoining Srinagar in Jammu & Kashmir, Gulmarg is literally heaven on earth. The marketplaces provide people with jewelry, pashmina, and memorials. Skiing and Snowboarding are the primary vacationist ventures in the region.
- Munnar, Kerala – When talking about hill stations, you cannot exclude God’s Own Country. Munnar is among the fascinating hill stations in the country, established nearly 1600m over sea level. It is reinforced with waving hilltops, tea & coffee estates, and spectacular mountains; it is also distinguished as ‘The Green capital of the country.’
- Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu – Caressed by rich and evergreen woodlands, this magnificent place is also known as ‘The Gift of the Forests.’ Traversed in 1845, it was declared as ‘The Princess of Hill Stations’ and distinguished with other fascinating hill stations. With striking waterfalls, ancient caves, guarding rock pillars, stunning water bodies, and quiet forest areas, Kodaikanal never disappoints to stupefy visitors with its charm.
- Darjeeling, West Bengal – Darjeeling is among the country’s most renowned tourist spots, with comprehensive tea estates, waterfalls, and spectacular Mount Kanchenjunga scenes. The Senchal Lake, Ghoom Abbey, and the well-known toy train trips will present you with memories that you will cherish throughout your life.
- Shillong, Meghalaya – In addition to being Meghalaya’s capital, Shillong is also called ‘Scotland of the East.’ Spend time near Elephant falls, savor water games like kayaking and water skiing, or simply lay back & relish being inundated by verdant green hills. Indeed, the excellence of Shillong is mesmerizing.
- Mussoorie, Uttarakhand – This magical hill station is usually described as the ‘Queen of Hills’ and is located at 1880m over sea level and is approximately 35 kilometers apart from Dehradun. If you desire to relish nature’s divine beauty, look at the Doon Valley’s spectacular scenes, savor the exciting ropeway cable trip, or spend peaceful moments surrounded by nature’s beauty.
- Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh – Diwali is an opportunity to return to one’s origins and reidentify our culture. Varanasi is among such places that empower you to accomplish precisely that. You can savor kathak shows, Dhrupad and thumri recitations, and some splendid Krishna Leela and Ram Leela performances at numerous city venues. Regions like the Tulsi ghats and Assi also host a variety of cultural performances.