Growing up adults brought lots of changes inside and out. However, one thing that is common among all is acne. (20’s biggest nightmare!) So, if you are also the one who is bearing the heavy weight of acne, don’t panic; because you are not alone. Instead of losing your precious energy and time, look for the best skin care products in Pakistan that can help you tackle those pop-ups that lower your confidence.
But before we dive into this! Do you know what kind of acne you are facing and what is the cause behind this? However, these are questions that you have to find the answers to, to control your acne. So, let’s dive deeply into the details and solutions regarding acne.
If you are thinking that using one particular cream can help you cure your acne. Then, you, my friend, are on the wrong path as several reasons can cause acne.
- Hormonal changes: We all know someone who has PCOS. It’s the walking-talking issue of increased acne in the current age. There are several changes that occur in our body during and after puberty, like PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome), and the menstrual cycle gets disturbed.
- Clogged Pores: When the dead skin cells and sebum become clogged in pores, it creates the perfect space for the growth of bacteria and acne.
- Reaction of Medications: There may be a high chance that you face acne issues because of several medication intakes, for example, birth control pills are the most common cause of acne in women.
- Sebaceous Glands: The hormones that produce sebum increase with the level of stress. It may result in worsening the acne.
- Hereditary Trait: Acne is also a hereditary disorder, so if acne is in your genetics, there may be a high chance that you suffer.
- Diet Problem: High sugar intake or over-consumption of dairy products can trigger the problem of acne in some individuals.
- Environmental Conditions: Seasonal changes, air pollutants, pollens, and humid environment conditions can also contribute to the occurrence of acne.
- Cosmetic Products: Some makeup or skincare products cause the pores to clog, result in breakout of pores, and cause acne.
Types of Acne
Some of the most common types of acne happens in your 20s:
- Papules are tiny, elevated, red lumps without a discernible pus-filled centre.
- Pustules are other names for pimples, which develop when bacteria, oil, and dead skin cells inflame the skin.
- Whiteheads and blackheads are the most minor kind of acne, they are frequently caused by clogged pores.
- Nodules are subcutaneous lumps that are extremely painful, deep, and big.
- Cysts are painful, pus-filled tumour-like can be fairly big, and frequently leave scars.
Practice Good Habits to Avoid Acne:
Try Acne Remedies
Use products that help in minimising the acne, like Salicylic acid, Benzoyl peroxide, and vitamin C. Use products that have benzoyl peroxide, as it is a very good antiseptic, has no inflammatory effect, and helps in reducing the acne. Try to use the best vitamin C serum, as it helps in reducing swelling and redness.
Focus on Daily Hygiene
Dirt, excess oil, and dead skin cells resting on the face for too long result in the clogging of pores. However, excess oil and dirt also trigger the acne. Clean your face thoroughly, twice a day, using a mild cleanser that is free from harsh chemicals.
Don’t Pop, We Know You Want to But Don’t, Okay?
We know how tempting it is to pop the pimples, however, it’s the most dangerous approach as it can increase the risk of your acne getting worse. Moreover, it can lead to prominent scarring and can result in severe skin disease.
Don’t Use Any Towel
No matter how much you have invested in a cleanser, if you are patting dry your face with any towel. Sorry to say, but all your effort is in vain. There are so many bacteria and dirt lying in the towel, which can increase the risk of acne flares, and skin infections. Therefore, use a separate towel with soft bristles for your face.
Maintain Healthy Diet
Having a balanced and healthy diet is as important as applying the right products to your face. Excess consumption of junk and fast food may increase your acne as they contain high glycaemic acid.
Relief the Stress
You won’t believe but suffering stress can cause fluctuations in your hormones, and that imbalance in hormones is also one of the reasons for acne. However, with the help of meditation, exercise, and proper sleeping hours, you can manage your stress level.
Use a Good Sunblock
Ingredients like niacinamide and zinc oxide are most commonly found in any good sunscreen. However, these ingredients are very beneficial for acne skin and have anti-inflammatory properties. Moreover, sunscreen serves you in the long run for healthy skin.
Never Skip Moisturizer
The idea that moisturising your face would make your acne worse is a complete misconception. Even if you have active acne, you should still moisturise your skin. Search out the best moisturiser in Pakistan, that goes well with your skin type.
Stop Touching Your Face
If you have a habit of touching your face, then you are inviting acne without realising it. However, it’s not a good habit as our hands are not clean 24/7, and there may be a high chance that unnecessarily touching can cause the spread of bacteria on the face.
Don’t Scrub Excessively
Exfoliation is good for removing dead cells and bacteria, but it’s a myth that excess scrubbing can reduce acne. However, it can show the results in reverse and can cause an increase in it.
To conclude, remember that you are negotiating a world filled with lots of opportunities and adventures as you step into your 20s. Therefore, hold yourself and never let your confidence go down because of acne, as this is just a minor rough patch in your life.
Believe in yourself that you can conquer the world, and put a little effort into getting your hands on the best skin care products in Pakistan for your skin type. Be confident enough throughout this journey of treating acne with the belief that you can do this!