Love at first sight is a sensation that many people dream of when looking for a soul mate. While this is a feeling that is above all pleasant and positive, it also has its drawbacks. And it is for this reason that we have decided to reveal to you all the hidden faces of love at first sight.
First of all, it must be said that there are two types of people: those who believe in this crush, that is to say, in the sudden love that begins with a simple look. And others, who see love at first sight as a decoy and who also consider it a true fairy tale.
We have to admit that falling in love with someone on the spot, sometimes without even knowing them, is a difficult thing for most of us to imagine. But, one thing is certain: love at first sight, there are thousands! It all starts with the first glance and a sudden encounter that can change the course of the life of those who believe in it!
During a thunderbolt, everything happens so quickly and most often the physical attraction is so strong that we remain bewitched in a few seconds!
How Do You Define Love At First Sight?
There are many definitions of this phenomenon caused by a simple glance. Here are some of the most remarkable definitions that can be found on social media:
- “Love at first sight is an incident that a person can experience during a sudden encounter with a strange person during which the attraction is amplified by the sensation of surprise linked to the meeting. “
- “It is an unexpected love, against which one cannot fight. “
- “Love at first sight would be the quick and irrational birth of a feeling of love for an strange person whose physical appearance corresponds to our ideal. “
According to these definitions, we can say that this expression makes us dream a little too much and that it is even not impossible.If we could make our own definition of it, it would seem that love at first sight represents above all a phenomenon that strikes us when we least expect it. It is then a real blow to the heart that one can feel for an unknown person.
When lightning strikes us for the first time, we are so surprised that we suffer the full brunt of what we believe to be true love. We very often make mistakes when we think we are immune to it. Love at first sight can strike anyone, anytime! Anyone can feel it sooner or later in their life!
Sometimes we even have a thunderbolt without realising it. However, there are clear signs that lightning has struck us. If you want to check them out, read on!
What Are The Physical Signs Of Love At First Sight?
“Everything is turned upside down and nothing will be the same again. “
If you have ever loved someone at first sight, you are one of those who fell in love with it at first sight.
However, if you’re wondering how to recognise it when it knocks on your door, here are the most common symptoms of heart attack:
- A feeling of well-being and bliss.
This is one of the first feelings you fall in love with at first sight. You feel like you are ” swimming in happiness ” when you are next to the person you like.
You feel seized, invaded, you feel an immense lightness, time is suspended and you have the impression of floating in the air and of being distracted.
The events happening around you don’t affect you at all. Because, you are like in a bubble and feel great joy! Nothing can harm your happiness!
- Chemical processes invade your body.
When love at first sight strikes, your body and brain experience a sharp positive shock at the same time.
Love at first sight can happen anywhere, in an elevator, in a cafe, in the garage, on dating sites, etc.
In these moments, you may feel the following physical changes:
- Your heart beats faster;
- You have hot flashes;
- Your hands may become sweaty;
- You are intimidated and impressed to the point of blushing;
- You have the impression that your legs are failing you;
- Your brain releases two chemicals: dopamine which prompts you to act, oxytocin which is the attachment hormone and endorphin which makes you feel good.
- The tone of your voice changes subconsciously.
It has been proven that women are more susceptible to love at first sight than men. When a woman is struck by love at first sight, she immediately thinks that it is the man of her life.
Women also put more effort into their love stories!
These are the women who never stop thinking about this phenomenon and Prince Charming!
In order to seduce him better, they unconsciously change the tone of their voice. Their voice then becomes sharper.
Different research has shown that men are more attracted to women who have high-pitched voices.
Because for them, the high-pitched voice represents a certain form of fragility in women.
As we already know, men like to show themselves as protectors, and this famous call attracts them enormously!
Conversely, men like to use a rougher voice to attract a woman, and women are all crazy about it!
- The obsession with the other.
Love at first sight represents a real natural addiction. When you are struck by it, the person in question becomes like an obsession for you. It totally occupies your thoughts.
You constantly ask yourself the following questions:
What is he / she doing at the moment? Does he / she feel the same as me?
You talk about your love at first sight all the time, you wait for his call and his messages. You idealize him / her and he / she becomes your centre of gravity!
- Strange Feeling
When love at first sight falls on you, you may have that strange feeling that you have met this person before.
You feel this because you felt very close to him / her in no time. And sometimes you share lovely quotes, love shayari to take the first step.
You don’t feel any fear or anguish when you find yourself next to your loved one.
You and your partner feel so fulfilled and happy that declaring your love is not at all difficult.
How To Avoid The Traps Of Love At First Sight?
This phenomenon indeed represents the stage known as the honeymoon of a relationship.
At this point, everything seems idyllic and wonderful to us. But beware, love at first sight also has its downsides and pitfalls that you should try to avoid!
- Love at first sight is to accept to live in ignorance, that is to say, not to know that tomorrow will come. Usually, when the passion wears off, one can be very hurt.
Because love at first sight is most often based on a simple physical attraction. Usually, it’s rushing into a story without knowing where you’re going exactly!
- Love at first sight makes us lose our minds. It can represent a destructive love because, it puts us in a bubble where we do not really see things. You don’t think about things that require reflection.
- When we are struck by love at first sight, we become so obsessed with each other that we leave our friends and family behind.
- You get so excited, the adrenaline and euphoria go up. It can put us in an attitude that is unlike us and push us to do things we have never done before.
- The spark of love at first sight may stop shining overnight and that is why there is always a risk of ending up heartbroken.
What’s important to understand is that even if your heart is broken after a crush, you will have other romantic encounters.
By no means does that mean that over time you are never going to have the opportunity to relive something so strong with someone else.
It is important to move forward in life without regrets because, who knows, maybe the love of your life is waiting for you around the corner!
Can Love At First Sight Lead To A Lasting Relationship?
If you want to make love at first sight last and build a stable couple life out of it, follow the tips below:
- Since love at first sight is primarily based on physical attraction, you should avoid relying on it. Physical attraction is important, but always try to bring other more interesting things to the couple!
- Before declaring your love, make sure you are dealing with a man in love / a woman in love in front of you!
- Take the time to analyze the behavior of the other, their gestures and their looks!
- Even if this is difficult to do, don’t force it but try to take it slowly and at the right pace.
- Love at first sight will (fortunately) not last forever. After a while, your brain invites you to come back to reality and observe the other in their integrity.